domenica 4 dicembre 2011

One Cannoli Two Cannoli Three Cannoli Four

Today I had my first cannoli. Ever.  I am a chocolate dessert type girl, especially chocolate chip cookies…preferably homemade by my sister so I never felt the need to waste the calories on cannolis in the United States.  I was very pleasantly surprised by the delicious combination of flavors. Please realize the following description does not do the mouth-watering Italian pastry justice by any means.  I always assumed the outside was made of puff pastry (I don’t enjoy the puff pastry very much) but it was actually more like a yummy waffle cone.    My other naïve assumption was that the creamy inside was like the cream of a doughnut.  It’s  not. It’s much nicer.  And for the chocolate lover, there is a nice little chocolate coating.  I enjoyed this delicious combination of flavors and can’t wait until we move out our “permanent” home so we can find a local pasticceria, preferably far enough of a walk to burn the off the calories of the savory treat!

1 commento:

  1. Spero che il tuo nuovo quarti permanente temmporanea. Mamma

    RispondiElimina