domenica 4 dicembre 2011

HOT HOT HOT or Cold?

Another important part of daily life is a shower.  I am hopeful that the shower in our villa is not the typical Italian shower and we will only temporarily have this experience.  We will be moving villas when a pet friendly one opens next week and hopefully the experience I am about to describe is just this one building.
Have you ever taken a hot and cold shower?  I have!  The shower likes to do both.  The knob is turned all the way to the hot side and the water heats up to almost scalding temperatures.  Right when you realize the water will be too hot for a pleasurable shower and you reach towards the knob to turn it down, it starts to cool off.  And it keeps cooling off until it is FREEZING!  You jump out of the cold water and think that this is going to be a quick cold shower and it starts to warm up again.  It keeps warming up until its burning and then starts to cool down.  The entire cycle from freezing, to warm, to hot, to warm, and back to freezing takes about a minute and repeats for the duration of your shower.  Exciting huh?

Another little thing I discovered which may be exclusive to the villa we are currently residing in has to do with the doors.  I took the dog out for a quick walk and when I came back upstairs I couldn’t get the door open.  I didn’t bring the key but I didn’t lock the door and Matt was home.  I turned the door knob several times before I realized, it was just for show and had no real purpose.  The only way to enter the apartment requires using the key.  The key goes in the lock and turns past the unlocking mechanism and becomes the door handle.  You know the phrase that says something about being smarter than the tool you are using…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento