lunedì 5 dicembre 2011

Langley Study Group

It’s study time.  Matt and I have our driver license test tomorrow and we are spending our evening studying the road signs.  There is the definite feeling of cramming the night before with lots of looking and repeating what each sign means.  There is also a sense of competition, at least on my part.  I don’t want to fail and have Matt ace the test.  Matt asked me if I would be upset if he scored higher than me.  Honestly I will not care who scores higher, just that we both pass the test!
The signs are very entertaining.  For the prohibitive signs, they do not use the circle with the red line, its just a circle with a picture in the middle indicating what is prohibited.  For example:

this sign means “all vehicles prohibited excepts motorcycles without sidecars or trailers.”  Of course, no sidecars!  Two other signs that discuss prohibit vehicles include the animal drawn carts and pushcarts.  I can’t wait to be driving along the crazy Italian roads and see an animal drawn cart or a pushcart…for the matter, I can’t wait to see a sidecar! I think that my favorite sign of all 72 signs is:
makes perfect sense.  A French horn means get out of the way of a big bus on the curvy mountain road.  Hopefully, all this studying will pay off and we will be licensed Italian drivers tomorrow afternoon!

1 commento: