martedì 27 dicembre 2011

Driving

Matt’s first driving experience was at night.  So of course my first driving experience was at night in the rain. We were going to dinner with Matt’s group at the castle.  We programmed the address into the GPS and drove the big truck down a narrow street.  I squeezed through a tunnel with another car even though it felt like a one car only space.  The GPS brought us to a one way street, the wrong way!  So we maneuvered around and found the restaurant.  We even found a parking lot instead of trying to put the truck into a parking space meant for a Smart car.  People had told us that if someone comes up to your car when you park “to watch” it, you give them a Euro, no matter what.  So when the guy walked up to us, we gave him a Euro and said “Grazie, Buona Notte.”  Throughout the entire experience, Matt was give me positive reinforcement and was super supportive.  The rain didn’t affect too much of my driving experience and I successfully drove without any really scary moments.  I am sure this will not always be the case and there will be lots more scary driving stories.

1 commento:

  1. I love being able to follow your journey, Elizabeth! Hate that I didn't get to see you and meet Carolyn when my mom did.

    RispondiElimina