domenica 25 marzo 2012

Naples Resale

Because we are no longer in America and some things are harder to find, there is a Facebook page that acts like a Craig’s List.  You can post anything you want to sell or buy on the page and people will respond in seconds.  This is where we found our second car, Limone.  Somehow I was lucky enough to check right when the picture was posted, say I was interested in a comment, and actually have the person respect that I was first!  We arrange a meeting through PMs (personal messages that come to the “other” mailbox). 


Through this site, we bought a car, a free exercauser, and a spare crib mattress (no this does not mean we are expecting another baby but that crib mattresses make great rollaway beds for little people and we are hoping some little people come and visit us).  I know you are saying “wow, what great finds!” but I have decided that it is a brain sucker.  Any free moment you get,   the need to check the page distracts you from things of actual importance.  You must look to see what there is but 99.9% of the time you missed it.  For example, I am in need of baby clothes for a little girl from say 9-18 month.  Lots of cute baby clothes for $1 but they are ALWAYS gone as soon as they are posted.  The things that are still around when I get a chance to look (why I waste my precious computer time!) are the Harley Davidson clothing and half used candles.  Or the used baby toy that is being sold for $40 that was $35 brand new!! I mean, people literally put EVERYTHING on this site.  Today someone was selling food. Seriously?!
We have a giant box of stuff that was never sold in California or donated to Goodwill and I was going to donate it to the Thrift Shop on base (where I bought a bathtub for the baby for $1-sterilized 14 times at least) but maybe people will want to spend $5 on the used shot chess board.  One man’s trash is another’s treasure, right??  Too bad I don’t have the time to take pictures of everything, post them, coordinate meetings 40 minutes away through PMs, to sell all this stuff.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento