giovedì 19 luglio 2012

Mommy Fail

Every parent wants to protect his or her child at all times and every parent knows that his or her child is going to get hurt.  A lot if you are my parents! So as a parent you accept that the child will get hurt but you don’t want it to be when it is your turn to watch the munchkin, and especially not your fault. 
Last week the baby and I experienced her first real fall. And it was completely my fault.  She was sitting on the couch and I was sitting next to her.  I leaned over to check the plug on the computer (with my hand out to make sure she didn’t move or fall) and she decided to dive head first off the couch (even though we have been practicing feet first dismounts!)  Thank goodness, the coffee table was pulled out a little bit and she did not hit the table.  She screamed and I scooped her up and ran outside to see my neighbor (she had just left my house!)  I thought the baby was okay (just screaming and scared) but wanted to be reassured.  Gina checked her out and agreed she was fine, just needed a little snuggling.
Just because every baby needs a mohawk picture





BIG MOMMY FAIL!  I knew she would get hurt (she bumps her head on the HARD floor a lot) and that she would be okay.  But I didn’t want it to be MY fault.  Nothing makes you feel worse than when your child is screaming and in pain because you turned your head for one second. 
I have some elements of hypochondria…not a “real” case.  I am a worrier.  So when the baby hit her head I was instantly concerned about concussions and other brain injuries, knowing in the back of my head that I am over reacting.  With all the recent news about football brain injuries from repeated hitting of the head, I wonder how many times you have to hit your head for this to happen.  Do I need to worry that when my child was learning to roll over and sit up, she fell and hit her head on the hard tile floor?
Proof mommy can have me on the couch safely!

I hope that this will be the only injury my child sustains that is my fault.  I know there will be more Mommy Fails in my future, but hopefully not for a long time!
Chillin' in my awesome pool my daddy bought me with my awesome bathing suit daddy bought me!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento