venerdì 20 luglio 2012

A Beautiful Woman With Dirty Feet


During AO (area orientation) the CO (commanding officer) of SS (support site) told us that “Naples is a beautiful woman with dirty feet.”  I understood this to mean that there is a lot of beautiful things in Naples even though it is dirty (literally trash along almost every street).  I thought he meant that you need to look at the general picture and not zoom in on every little detail.  Now, I think he meant literally you will have dirty feet while living in Bella Napoli.  No matter how many times we mop or vacuum, if I walk around barefoot (which I do all the time in my house) my feet will be black.  I am almost positive that I am not the only one to have dirty feet (even though I scrub them when I shower and I mop and vacuum my floor).  So for those of you here, you are not alone, I have dirty feet too!  For those of you coming, at least now you know so you won’t be ashamed of your dirty feet like I was at first!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento