lunedì 13 febbraio 2012

Things I can do one handed

I am hoping this is a phase and things will change again soon but I have a very clingy baby.  She does not want to be alone for any amount of time and mostly wants to be held.  She has also decided she doesn’t like to nap for more than 12 minutes unless you are holding her. Because of this, the packing and cleaning has slowed even more!  I have learned there are things I can do one handed and things I just can’t do.  I have learned that making a bed can be one handed (messy but at least I am making it, mom would be so proud) but changing sheets cannot be completed one handed.  I can cook with one hand.  Not all things but a lot of things.  I can sometimes entertain her with a spoon or her high chair while cooking. 

 I can fold some laundry one handed-no way with sheets.  I can type emails with one hand but I cannot type my blog with one hand.  I can feed the dog, let her out and give her treats with one hand.  Lucy is very happy about this!  I cannot clean anything with anything more than water and a paper towel one hand because she will try to grab the chemicals. I can’t clean the fire place with one hand, much too messy!  Dishes can’t be washed one handed  but unloading the dishwasher can be done with one hand…it takes a lot longer! I can do the laundry with one hand.  
I am amazed and wonder how mothers through the years have been able to accomplish anything while taking care of the baby.  Housekeeping is not my strength, just ask my mom.  I have tried hard to become more organized and maintain a tidy house.  This is a goal I am currently not able to obtain.  I am impressed of all the other mothers who are able to keep a nice house and a happy healthy baby!  Kudos to you-any tips for me??

2 commenti:

  1. She was held a lot before you left just had several people wanting to hold her! Does the 12 min. naps come from Uncle Bobby?
    Glad you can make bed...just doesn't look as bad if it is made and the rest of the house messy! Tracy will help you get things unpacked, if she doesn't just hold Carolyn!! Enjoy your visit.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I have no advice because I am unable to keep the house clean as well!! If you figure it out let me know!!!!

    RispondiElimina