martedì 28 febbraio 2012

Mars Bar

My husband and I have a running joke about the existence of Mars Bars.  I don’t believe they are still made and I have NEVER seen one.  My husband believes they are still out there and that they are delicious.  Since this conversation a year ago, we have both spent a few minutes in every store that carries candy bars checking for Mars Bars.  This has happened in many different places.  It started in California and continues in Italia!  During my first shopping mall adventure in Italia, I found a Mars Bar.  I was so excited to purchase this present for my husband and to finally find out what the hype was all about!  Matt not being the chocolate freak that I am did not instantly open the candy bar.  It took several days before he actually opened it.  The anticipation was killing me!!  When I took my first bite of this candy bar that was described as delicious even though he couldn’t remember exactly what was in them, I was oddly reminded of a Milky Way.  Yep, the European “Mars Bar” is just a Milky Way.  The search continues.

1 commento:

  1. Unlike Matt who keep one candy on his taste buds. I go for the seasonal candy. Yes, I'm so excited it's Peep time. Summertime it's salt water taffy, Halloween it's candy corn, Christmas it's soft peppermints and Valentines it's Russel Stover Strawberry Chocolate Hearts. So I am your Seasonal Candy lover. Mars has never been on my list. I will leave them for you and Matt.

    Take care, Bon Appetite

    RispondiElimina